Friday, March 11, 2011

21st Century Reassessment

"Reassessment": a new appraisal or evaluation.

I have never had a month like my last one.  I won't belabor the description - suffice to say I had the flu and other muscular complications.  As a result, Sunday will be 30 days since I have mounted my road bike.  That hasn't happened to me since the 20th century.  I raced Tundra on Feb 19th and I have managed a few spin classes here and there, but I'm definately in uncharted territory.

I'm very dissapointed with how my 2011 has begun.  But in a strange sort of way, I'm now provided with a refreshingly blank slate beginning tomorrow in Perry.  I'm looking forward to seeing Betty Jean enjoy her new TT rig; and I'm going to throw my leg over the Cervelo and have a good time.  Then in the afternoon I'll jump into my first mass start race in a long while and try to hang on.  I have nothing to loose, so I'm going to give it all I've got.  It'll make for an interesting spring.
R
-
-_________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment